Photo Identification and Address Verification
MNN's media class are only open to Manhattan residents or to individuals sponsored by Manhattan-based non-profits.
At MNN's 59th St. Facility, we accept proof of residency and identification during our walk-in hours, Tuesday – Friday from 12 noon – 6pm or by appointment. Contact the 59th St. Media Education department to schedule an appointment.
MNN El Barrio Firehouse proof of residency information can be submitted during the Firehouse's normal business hours, Tuesday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, or Saturday, 10am – 6pm.
If you are taking media education classes on behalf of a Manhattan-based non-profit organization, you will need to submit the following items for verification:
- Proof of Identification and personal home address
- Letter (on letterhead) from the Director or Manager of the non-profit stating your affiliation with the organization and mission-based programming you aim to produce
- Copy of the 501(c)3 Status Letter
Please note: If you take media education classes and become a certified community producer on behalf of a Manhattan-based non-profit, you can only create, produce and/or edit programming on behalf of that non-profit organization.
For all other users, satisfactory verification consists of valid photo identification and current proof of residency from the following groups:
Acceptable Forms of Photo ID
- State-issued Driver’s License
- State-issued Photo ID card
- U.S. or Foreign passport
- Military ID w/photo
- Green card/Residency card w/photo
- City/State-issued Welfare, Medicaid, or Benefit Assistance card w/photo
Acceptable documents for proof of residence (must be recent with applicant’s name, as reflected on the Photo ID). Select a group below and provide the items required for the group:
Group I: One form of proof.
- Cable bill
- Gas bill
- Electric bill
- Telephone bill (Land line)
Group II: Two forms of proof
- Monthly Bank Statement
- Cell phone monthly billing statement
- Credit card monthly billing statement
- Health insurance monthly billing statement
- Student loan monthly billing statement
- Employment/unemployment pay stub
- Medicare/Social Security Monthly Statement
- Rent billing statement
- Current tax return
- Retirement plan statement
Program providers are responsible for submitting changes in address in writing to Manhattan Neighborhood Network, along with satisfactory evidence.