Social Media Coordinator (Full Time, El Barrio Firehouse)
The Social Media Coordinator is a conceptual self-starter who is responsible for channeling his/her talent to develop, write, and edit compelling content for use on key social media outlets. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Social Media Coordinator will serve as a steward of MNN’s voice as it translates to all current and emerging social media platforms. The position is focused on writing and reporting using available analytics.
- Generates original posts, updates and all necessary profile images for MNN’s social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
- Manages MNN’s Vimeo and YouTube channels and presence
- Adapts copy originated by MNN departments, partner organizations, and other sources into social media posts that are appropriate for each platform.
- Focuses on boosting engagement across all social media platforms.
- Develops and implements paid campaigns as necessary across relevant platforms
- Responds to messages sent via social profiles in a manner that is both timely and reflective of MNN’s voice. Directs messages as necessary to MNN staff.
- Stays informed on any updates or changes to social media platforms and adjusts MNN's profiles accordingly.
- Makes recommendations about new or emerging social media platforms on which MNN should have a presence.
- Generates comprehensive social media monthly analytics and makes recommendations based on analytics.
- Takes photographs and creates original images as necessary for all social media platforms.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required, including but not limited to, assisting with special projects, assisting with events, and other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Communications, English, Marketing Communications or equivalent
- At least two years experience managing social media for a business or professional organization.
- Motivated self-starter with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of producing impactful content
- Understanding of analytics across all platforms
Other Job Requirements
- Strong interest in community media.
- Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, collectively and collaboratively.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Position may require evening and weekend work hours.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run four cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, and Culture), reaching some 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.