In 2012, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) opened a state-of-the-art television production facility, El Barrio Firehouse Community Media Center in East Harlem. The facility features three HD production studios, including a three-camera studio, as well as editing services and is home to MNN's Youth Media Center.
The El Barrio Firehouse seeks an Advance Production Facilitator Intern to join the team. Interns will directly assist the public in using MNN's studio production, field, and post-production equipment and will assist the El Barrio Firehouse team in preparing programs and promos for cablecast.
El Barrio Firehouse Production Interns will:
- Facilitate studio productions, including camera, audio, special effects and timing.
- Operate video switcher, performs live digital effects and transitions, and inserts pre-recorded material, graphics and titles.
- Provide technical/creative consultation to producers and members of the public.
- Facilitate studio productions: check producers in/out, prepare equipment, troubleshoot technical and user problems.
- Facilitate field equipment use: check producers in/out, prepare packages for producers, inspect and keep track of equipment.
- Facilitate editing station use and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Edit video and perform other post-production tasks as needed.
- Assist in studio production and editing as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Ideal applicants will have the following qualifications & skills:
- College student enrolled in an education or media production program.
- Passion for media education, community access television production.
- Basic editing knowledge, preferably with Adobe Premiere Pro CC.
- An interest in field and studio production.
Candidates fluent in Spanish strongly encouraged to apply.
Commitment: Interns will work out a specific schedule with their supervisor, for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Compensation: Interns will receive a stipend, the amount of which will depend upon their schedule at MNN.