Media Acquisitions Coordinator (Full- Time, 59th Street)
Manhattan Neighborhood Network's Media Acquisitions Coordinator will work to identify and acquire existing high-quality, locally-oriented media made by Manhattan-based individuals and community organizations that can be used as content for MNN program channels and various MNN digital distribution platforms. The ability to establish successful partnerships with these individuals and groups is paramount. MNN's Media Acquisitions Coordinator reports to MNN's Media Acquisitions Manager.
- Manage media acquired from partners and freelancers.
- Identify media to be aired during weekly content blocks and schedule the NYXT channel.
- Identify new partners that can supply NYXT with suitable content for the channel.
- Create partner pages on the NYXT.nyc website.
- Write on-air content wraps for nyxt videos.
- Manage the NYXT.nyc CMS and enter data and new media to be aired on MNN channels and digital platforms.
- Provide MNN Marketing Department with information to market NYXT program initiatives.
- Represent MNN at public functions to encourage prospective partners to join NYXT.
- Assist with the administration of Freelance producer contracts.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast, television production, video, communications, journalism or equivalent.
- Minimum two years work experience in film/video production, broadcast or communications.
- Proven project management skills.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with video distribution trends and models.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
We are accepting applicants on a rolling basis. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please address the following question: How do you think your skills can benefit a community media organization like MNN and enable you to be successful in this position? We will only consider complete applications.
Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact selected candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan's free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run four cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, and Culture), reaching some 600,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.