MNN's Marketing and Communications Department is seeking creative, detail-oriented, motivated interns who have a passion for digital and social media, media creation, and an interest in current events and values the importance of free speech. MNN's Marketing and Communications Department showcases our core services: programming, media education, and facilities and oversees MNN's social media and digital profiles.
Marketing and Communications interns will work with the team to:
- Develop and compile a database of online media including titles and descriptions of videos
- Reorganize the format of MNN’s YouTube page to increase usability and enhance visual layout
- Assist on small video shoots
- Assist in the development of on-brand content for MNN’s website, social media pages, email campaigns, etc.
- Design graphics to promote MNN’s programs, classes and other events on social media
- Take pictures at events, in classes, and in the studios to be used for promotional purposes
- Provide general administrative support to the marketing and communications team
- Other duties may be assigned
Ideal applicants will have the following qualifications & skills:
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be social media savvy (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize workloads
Candidates fluent in Spanish strongly encouraged to apply.
Commitment: Interns will work out a specific schedule with their supervisor, for a maximum of 20 hours per week.
Compensation: Interns will receive a stipend, the amount of which will depend upon their schedule at MNN.