Media Instructor (Part-Time)
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) seeks experienced media instructors to teach different aspects of media production at our 59th Street and East Harlem facilities. Courses involve Adobe Premiere non-linear video editing, field production (camera, shot composition, lighting, and sound), studio production, and graphic design (Adobe Creative Suite).
Media Instructors report to MNN’s Manager of Media Education. Responsibilities include:
- Prepare class materials, follow detailed lesson plans and provide instruction to classes of ten to twelve adults
- Evaluate students’ progress and verify competence for certification to use our media center facilities and equipment
- Meet regularly with Manager of Media Education to review curriculum and class outcomes
- Conduct student evaluations
- Expertise in field and documentary production with digital video cameras (Sony NX5U, Cannon C-100) and iPads for video production
- Expertise in non-linear editing with Adobe Premiere
- Experience teaching in-studio video production
- Experience working with a diverse public with varying levels of technical skill
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Flexible schedule (mornings, evenings, weekends)
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus
Compensation & Schedule
Hourly rates based upon experience. Part Time Media Instructors are paid hourly for class sessions and preparation time. Classes are offered in the morning, evenings and weekends. Classes are three hours in length, four hours on Saturdays, and run four and eight sessions depending on the class taught.
Submit resume and brief cover letter to Teachers@mnn.org. In the subject line, please write “Part Time Media Instructor.”
In your cover letter, please specify which of our courses you would like to be considered for.
We will only consider complete applications. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. No phone calls please. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run four cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, and Culture), reaching 600,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.