Facilities Coordinator (Full Time, 59th St.)
Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is seeking a Facilities Coordinator to be responsible for the ongoing operations of the building, including, but not limited to, housekeeping, security and general maintenance. The Facilities Coordinator reports directly to the Manager of HR and Administration.
- Maintain building in maximum operating order, clean and secure.
- Cleaning duties extend to entire facility, which include sidewalk area, restrooms, offices, hallways, kitchen areas, stairwells, studios, flooring, and all interior and exterior windows and doors.
- Ability to use tools ranging from common hand and power tools
- Perform minor repairs, assemble and move office furniture
- Change interior and exterior light bulbs.
- Maintain communications with agencies including DEP, DOB, FDNY
- Ensure building services; Elevator, Fire & Burglar System, HVAC, Sprinkler System are operational and liaise with appropriate vendors as needed
- Manage supplies inventory, and receive and confirm delivery of maintenance supplies
- Paint and spackle interior and exterior walls
- Prepare all refuse and recycling for pickup
- Maintain housekeeping equipment and arrange for repair or replacement of damaged equipment when necessary
- Maintain pest control program
- Work with staff for event set-up planning
- Continually seek to develop housekeeping policies and procedures to improve operations; make recommendations to improve service and efficiency
- Ability to maintain vendor relations
- Perform other duties as directed
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3-5 years of building maintenance experience
- Certificate or equivalent in managing building maintenance systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to stay organized while multi-tasking and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative in solving problems and capacity to troubleshoot and make recommendations regarding expected and unexpected facility problems
- Capacity to work well with the public; energetic and friendly orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Good judgment and discretion to represent MNN in a highly professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work weekends when needed
- Ability to keep cleaning schedule while dealing with unexpected tasks & emergencies
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Send resume and cover letter to Facilitiesemail@example.com. Due to the volume of applications, MNN may not be able to respond individually to each applicant. MNN will contact candidates for interviews on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
Founded in 1992, Manhattan Neighborhood Network (MNN) is Manhattan’s free, public access cable network. We operate two media production and education facilities in Manhattan and run five cablecast channels (Community, Lifestyle, Spirit, Culture and MNNHD), reaching 620,000 cable subscribers in the borough.
MNN offers free training in video production, editing, and broadcasting to Manhattan residents who wish to become Certified Producers with MNN.
We actively strive to empower Manhattan residents to exercise their First Amendment rights in an open, uncensored, and equitable forum.
Manhattan Neighborhood Network is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.